Director/Pastor of Children and Community Evangelism
Emmaus Baptist Church
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
• Engaging Director/Pastor for Children and Community Evangelism;
• Prior experience in a similar position or capacity;
• Able to effectively minister to people outside the church community, as well as inside the church;
• Strong knowledge of the Bible and its applications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Able to establish and maintain effective working and church-member relationships;
• Strong leadership skills;
• Able to plan, develop and manage the programs for Children and Community Evangelism;
• Able to provide accurate tracking of expenditures and successfully manage a defined budget;
• Able to function independently, analyzing issues and making recommendations for appropriate changes as circumstances require;
• Demonstrates skills with office computer software and church software;
• Able to utilize social media to connect with parents and the community (ie, email. Texting, Facebook, website, Twitter, Instagram);
• Possesses a valid and satisfactory Virginia driver’s license at inception of position; and
• Able to work effectively with church leaders to oversee Youth and Community Evangelism ministries.
• Demonstrated ability and experience to relate to a variety of people;
• For director, a bachelor’s degree in Bible studies or equivalent, or significant progress towards completion of this degree. A minimum of 3 years of ministry experience, volunteer or paid.
• For pastor, a bachelor’s degree and significant progress towards completion of an advanced theological degree. A minimum of 5 years of ministry experience.
• Prior experience as full-time Director of Children’s or Community Evangelism, or both;
• Degree (bachelor’s or master’s) in Bible Studies, or equivalent;
• Recent experience in developing, enhancing or expanding programs to meet metrics;
• Knowledge of current trends in children’s programs and evangelism as demonstrated though attendance at conferences, network with other directors, and references from recent employment.
• Effectively and efficiently lead EBC Children’s and Community Evangelism programs;
• Understand the particular needs of Children (birth through 5th grade) and love them and their families as they are and where they are, while helping them to understand God has a purpose for their lives;
• Communicate the gospel and teach others to effectively share and communicate the gospel in outreach and evangelism;
• Report to the Senior Pastor who will help create and coordinate the EBC Children and Community Evangelism programs.
Application Process: Submit a resume, cover letter and references for the position to: Chairman, Personnel Committee c/o Emmaus Baptist Church, 814 Yorktown Road, Poquoson, VA 23662. Applications are also accepted by email to: Personnel@ebcmin.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. This position is open until filled.
Posted: January 9, 2019