Children’s Director – Part-time (approximately 20 hr/wk)
Emmaus Baptist Church is seeking a Children’s Director for ebcKids, (birth – 5th grade). See the website ebcmin.com/connect/ebcKids.
Duties and responsibilities specific to the Children’s Director position include planning, developing and managing the Children’s Ministry as a member of the Emmaus Baptist staff. The Children’s Director reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Recruit, develop and lead volunteers in Nursery and Children’s Ministry
- Connect with volunteers, students and parents through relational building, phone calls, emails, visits, etc.
- Regularly attend staff meetings on Tuesday mornings
Preparation for Sunday Mornings
- Be in prayer for children’s ministry
- Study lessons, as well as maintain your own personal quiet time.
- Develop lessons for Sunday School elementary and preschool classes and Children’s Church
- Download curricula items and videos to children’s computer and train volunteers to utilize
- Oversee preparation of printed lesson materials and crafts; gather extra items, as needed
- Distribute lessons electronically to teachers and volunteers, send reminders, and send informative and encouraging volunteer and parent emails
- Purchase and organize supplies and snacks for the Nursery – 5th grade classrooms
- Ensure rooms are prepped with all needed materials and technology is up and running
- Welcome volunteers, kids, and parents to Emmaus Baptist Church
- Ensure kids have a secure, friendly, and warm environment in which they can grow to know and love Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Help volunteers grow in their ability to lead in children’s ministry
- Effectively respond to issues that occur within the children’s area
Events and Family Bible Study
- Plan and lead children’s events that meet the spiritual needs of our families and reach out to the community
- Support families participating in church bible study by providing opportunities for children
Sports Camp, VBS, and/or Children’s Ministry Camp
- Every summer, children’s ministry will host a local children’s camp, whether in the form of VBS, Sports, or other. Requires up to 30 hours that week.
- Love children and passionate about seeing them learn, grow and come to personally know Jesus.
- Baptized believer
- Pass a background check
- Actively attending, volunteering and/or working in children’s ministry.
- Agree to Emmaus Baptist church’s condensed statement of faith.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective communication through social media, email, phone calls, text message, and other ministry resources.
- Demonstrate an active growing faith
- Demonstrate ability to communicate the gospel
- Possess a valid and satisfactory Virginia driver’s license at inception of position
- Demonstrate skill with office computer software, church software and digital curriculum resources
- Ability to accurately track expenditures and successfully manage a defined budget
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working and church-member relationships
- Ability to function independently, analyzing issues and making recommendations for appropriate changes as circumstances require
Valid Virginia Driver’s license and satisfactory background check required.
Application Process: Submit a resume and cover letter to: Chairman, Personnel Committee c/o Emmaus Baptist Church, 814 Yorktown Road, Poquoson, VA 23662. Applications are also accepted by email to: Personnel@ebcmin.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. This position is open until filled.