Part-Time Children’s Director (approximately 20 hr/wk)
Emmaus Baptist Church is seeking a Children’s Director for ebcKids, (birth – 5th grade).
Emmaus Baptist Church is seeking an engaging part-time director for our Children’s Ministry to lead our children’s program. Ideal candidates will have an outgoing personality, the ability to communicate the gospel, and the ability to teach others to effectively share and communicate the gospel. This position requires a person who feels equally comfortable ministering to people outside the church building as they do inside the church, as well as leading and overseeing various church committees, and volunteers. As Children’s director, he/she will understand the needs of children ages birth – 5th grade, partner with parents who are the primary influence in a child’s life and connect kids and their families into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ to lead them to a better future.
The Children director will report to the Senior Pastor and will help create and coordinate Emmaus’ children’s program.
RESPONSIBILITIES (The weight of each role will be determined annually by the Senior Pastor with consultation of church leadership.)
- Plan, develop and implement all aspects of a children’s ministry.
- Develop and implement a children’s program to include weekly Bible studies and worship, summer programs, and events such as mission projects and community outreach activities.
- Work with church leadership to reach children and their parents in the community, and develop a strategic children’s ministry outreach plan
- Coordinate with Sunday School Director(s) to select curriculum, recruit, and train teachers, lead large group.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Committee in planning EBCKids activities that support the vision and goals of the Children’s ministry.
- Be available to children in a variety of ways, including attending extracurricular school activities, sports, and celebrations, and providing support during a crisis.
- Develop an annual budget to support the Children’s program and administer the budget as approved by the Budget/Finance Committees.
- Recruit and train volunteers ensuring adequate adult-to-children ratios for all activities.
- Ensure all children’s volunteers and workers have background checks and maintain updated records of compliance and renewals
- Share the gospel with lost children and lost parents, both individually and collectively.
- Network with other evangelical children’s leaders in the community and be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to children’s ministries
- Ability to teach children.
- Ability to manage people in a Christ-honoring way.
- Ability to relate to a variety of people, regardless of age, ethnicity, or socio-economic background.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and Planning Center, or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively utilize social media to connect with parents and the community (i.e.: email, texting, Facebook, website, Twitter, Instagram)
- Demonstrated experience sharing faith and inviting other people to church.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church. .
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- Willingness to participate in all staff meetings and retreats, working as a team with Senior Pastor, church leadership and staff
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Join Emmaus Baptist Church as a member.
Application Process: Submit a resume and cover letter to: Chairman, Personnel Committee c/o Emmaus Baptist Church, 814 Yorktown Road, Poquoson, VA 23662. Applications are also accepted by email to: Personnel@ebcmin.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. This position is open until filled.