Interim Children’s Director
Communication/Relationship building (5 hours a week)
- Lead and recruit volunteers in Nursery and Children’s Ministry.
- Connect with volunteers and students through relational building, phone calls, emails, visits, letters, etc.
- Be available for staff meetings (2 hours a week) 8:30 am to 10 am Tuesday
Purchase and organize supplies and snacks for the Nursery-5th Grade classrooms (2 hours per month)
Preparation for Sunday Morning (6 hours a week)
- Be in prayer for children’s ministry
- Study lessons as well as maintain your own personal quiet time.
- Download items to children’s computer
- Oversee preparation of printed items and gather extra items for lessons
- Prepare crafts for lessons
- Put lessons together for classes Sunday school and both Children’s churches
- Distribute lessons, send reminders, send volunteer and parent emails
Sunday Mornings (9 am-12 pm) 3 hours.
- Prep rooms with all needed material
- Welcome volunteers, kids, and parents to Emmaus Baptist Church
- Ensure kids have a secure, friendly, and warm environment in which they can grow to know and love Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Help volunteers grow in their ability to lead in children’s ministry
Events 3-5 hours a quarter.
- Help plan and lead children’s events that meet the spiritual needs of our families and reach out to the community.
Valid Virginia Driver’s license and satisfactory background check required.
Application Process: Submit a resume and cover letter to: Chairman, Personnel Committee c/o Emmaus Baptist Church, 814 Yorktown Road, Poquoson, VA 23662. Applications are also accepted by email to: Personnel@ebcmin.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. This position is open until filled.